For anyone looking to make a complaint against a police officer in B.C. (possibly including RCMP?) here’s the place to start looking for the rules they are supposed to follow and the process for you to complain.
This is interesting from the Police Code of Ethics:
Police Officers in the Province of British Columbia, along with their respective organizations and agencies, embrace the following Fundamental Principles, which underpin the Guiding Values, Primary Responsibilities and Decision-Making framework.
• democracy & the rule of law
• justice & equality
• protection of life & property
• safeguarding the public trust
• that the police are the public and the public are the police
• the principles of the Constitution of Canada
• the rights enshrined in the Charter of Rights & Freedoms
The following contains links to British Columbia’s Police Act and regulations which come into force July 1, 1998.
Background Information on the Police Amendment Act, 1997
and Associated Regulations
Police Act – POLICE OATH/SOLEMN AFFIRMATION REGULATION
POLICE ACT – CHAPTER 367
Police Act- POLICE ACT FORMS REGULATION
Police Act- SPECIAL PROVINCIAL CONSTABLE COMPLAINT PROCEDURE REGULATION